|Part ID||Prod #||Cube (ft)||Size||Type||Pack||Per||Uom||Unit Price||Cart Qty|
|2007014||6.88||2 OZ||POUCH||800||DRUM||Drum||443.89/DRUM||Add To Cart|
Dessicants, Silica Gel Packs and Silica Gel Packets are all the same product and stem from the original Clay Dessicants of many years ago which are still available today. The basic function of this product group is humidity control and moisture absorbtion within a contained environment. For example, the purchase of a new watch comes with a little packet or pouch that likely contains Silica Gel granules. Once the package is sealed, the Siliica Gel Dessicant quickly reduces the internal humidity and then maintains that humidity for a period of time. A dessicant is a product or substance that attracts moisture from the atmosphere and then absorbs and holds those particles of water to itself. These types of products are regularly used during shipping and transportation as well as long term storage of products where moisture can cause damage with long term exposure.
Types of Desiccants:
- Most economical of all desiccants and highly effective within normal temperature and relative humidity ranges.
- Used in most industrial applications requiring humidity control. Clay can adsorb up to 30% of its weight in water vapor at 77°F (25°C) and 80% relative humidity.
- No apparent change in size, shape, or texture of the desiccant at full capacity.
Silica Gel (SiO2 * H2O)
- Silica gel will adsorb about 40% of its weight in water vapor at 100% humidity.
- Better suited than clay for temperatures above 120°F (49°C) as clay may give up moisture rather than pull it in.
- Overall, high efficiency and high capacity desiccants